Peach pie is so delicious but sometimes it is too big to make for a couple of people. This recipe has all that wonderful flavor but it is smaller and will be gone in no time!—Taste of Home Test Kitchen, Greendale, Wisconsin
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon quick-cooking tapioca
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Dash ground cloves
- 3 cups frozen unsweetened sliced peaches, thawed
- 1 refrigerated pie pastry
- 1 egg white, beaten
- 1 teaspoon coarse sugar
- Additional ground cinnamon
- In a large bowl, combine the sugar, tapioca, cinnamon, orange peel, salt and cloves. Add peaches; toss gently to coat. Let stand for 15 minutes.
- Cut pastry sheet in half. On a lightly floured surface, roll out one half into an 8-in. circle. Transfer to a 7-in. pie plate; trim pastry even with edge. Add filling.
- Roll out remaining pastry to fit top of pie. Place over filling. Trim, seal and flute edges. Cut slits in pastry. Brush with egg white; sprinkle with coarse sugar and additional cinnamon.
- Bake at 400° for 40-45 minutes or until crust is golden brown and filling is bubbly. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Mini Peach Pie in The Taste of Home Cookbook 2008, p581
Reviews forMini Peach Pie
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Mar. 3, 2014
"I cut the peaches into bit size and put in 6 tart pans. Then used a crumble topping. They came out great. Will definitely make again."