Mini Mushroom Tarts
These little tarts are filled with a fabulous vegetable mixture. They are a great to nosh on when circulating around at a party.—Jacki Milazzo, Bonita, California
Total TimePrep: 40 min. Bake: 10 min.
- 2-1/2 cups chopped baby portobello mushrooms
- 1-3/4 cups chopped fresh mushrooms
- 1/3 cup chopped carrot
- 1/3 cup chopped celery
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 3 tablespoons chopped sweet red pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 cup ricotta cheese
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons seasoned bread crumbs
- 3 packages (1.9 ounces each) frozen miniature phyllo tart shells
- In a large skillet, saute the mushrooms, carrot, celery, onion and red pepper in oil until crisp-tender. Add garlic; cook 2 minutes longer. Drain, reserving 2 tablespoons cooking liquid.
- Remove from the heat; stir in the cheese, parsley, basil, salt and pepper. Stir in bread crumbs and reserved cooking liquid.
- Fill each tart shell with 2 teaspoons filling. Place on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake at 350° for 6-8 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm or at room temperature. Refrigerate leftovers.
Nutrition Facts1 tart: 32 calories, 2g fat (0 saturated fat), 1mg cholesterol, 46mg sodium, 3g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Originally published as begger purses in Taste of Home Christmas Annual 2012