Mini Mixed Salads in Crispy Wontons
It's a salad and an appetizer all rolled into one bite-sized offering! Serve these snacks for your next get-together or even for a pre-meal option.
Total TimePrep: 40 min. Bake: 10 min.
- 36 wonton wrappers
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons grated onion
- 2 tablespoons raspberry vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1 package (5 ounces) spring mix salad greens, torn
- 1 medium cucumber, peeled and finely chopped
- 3/4 cup finely chopped fresh broccoli florets
- 1 medium carrot, shredded
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1-1/2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- Preheat oven to 375°. Brush each side of wonton wrappers with oil; gently press into miniature muffin cups. Bake 6-8 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to wire racks to cool.
- In a small bowl, whisk onion, vinegar, mustard and salt. Gradually whisk in oil until blended. In a large bowl, mix salad greens, cucumber, broccoli, carrot and green onions. Drizzle dressing over salad; toss to coat.
- Place about 2 tablespoons salad into each wonton cup; top with a tomato half. Serve immediately.
Originally published as Salad in a Crouton w/ Sweet & Savory Honey Vinaigrette in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2014
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.