Tomato sauce drapes this well-seasoned mini loaf from Joanne Rocchetti in New London, Connecticut. Tip: Add your favorite herbs to leftover tomato sauce and use as a dipping sauce for breadsticks.
Recommended: 25 Recipes You Can Make in a Microwave
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 portion Versatile Beef Mix, thawed
- 1/4 cup tomato sauce or meatless spaghetti sauce, divided
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1/4 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- Place beef mix in a small bowl; add 2 tablespoons tomato sauce, onion and Italian seasoning. Mix well; shape into a loaf.
- Place in a microwave-safe shallow baking dish coated with cooking spray. Cover and microwave on high for 3-4 minutes or until a thermometer reads 165°.
- Place remaining tomato sauce in a small microwave-safe bowl. Cover and microwave on high for 15 seconds or until heated through. Pour over meat loaf. Yield: 1 serving.
Originally published as Microwave Meat Loaf in Cooking for 2 Fall 2007, p53
Reviews forMini Microwave Meat Loaf
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Oct. 30, 2013
"What is Versatile Meat Mix? - something purchased? A mix made at home? I can't try this recipe until I find the answer to this question"