Mini Meringue Pumpkins Recipe
Cast a sweet spell over your Halloween party guests by making a pumpkin patch’s worth of treats. It’s easy to use this basic meringue recipe spiced with pumpkin flavor to scare up fun cookies. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen, Milwaukee, Wisconsin
- 2 large egg whites
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons orange colored sugar
- 2 teaspoons orange edible glitter
- 3 pieces green Fruit by the Foot fruit roll
- 2 teaspoons vanilla frosting
- 1. In a small bowl, beat egg whites, cream of tartar and salt on medium speed until soft peaks form. Gradually add sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, beating on high until stiff peaks form. Add pie spice and vanilla.
- 2. Place egg white mixture in a pastry bag fitted with a large star tip. Pipe 1-1/2-in.-diameter pumpkins onto parchment paper-lined baking sheets. In a small resealable plastic bag, combine the orange sugar and glitter. Seal bag; crush mixture to break glitter into small pieces. Sprinkle over pumpkins.
- 3. Bake at 250° for 40-45 minutes or until set and dry. Turn oven off; leave meringues in oven for 1-1/2 hours.
- 4. Carefully remove meringues from parchment paper. Cut leaf and vine shapes from fruit roll; attach to pumpkins with a dab of frosting. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 2 dozen.
1 each: 32 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 23mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 0 fiber), 0 protein.
Reviews for Mini Meringue Pumpkins
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC