Mini Meat Loaves with Chili Sauce
"This main dish is a favorite for church suppers," comments Janet Hyson of Pasadena, Maryland. The individual meat loaves get spark from chili sauce, ketchup and horseradish. "I like to keep extras on hand for a fast meal," she adds.
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 40 min.
Makes6 meat loaves (1-2 servings each)
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup prepared horseradish
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley flakes
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1 cup chili sauce
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- Dash hot pepper sauce
- In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into six loaves, about 5x2x1-1/2-in. Place in a greased 13x9-in. baking dish.
- In a large bowl, combine the sauce ingredients. Spoon half over the top and sides of loaves. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20 minutes. Spread with remaining sauce.
- Bake 20-30 minutes longer or until meat is no longer pink and a thermometer reads 160°. Serve immediately; or cool, wrap individually and freeze for up to 3 months.
To use frozen meat loaves: Thaw in the refrigerator. Unwrap loaves and place in a greased baking dish. Cover and bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until heated through.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 181 calories, 8g fat (3g saturated fat), 72mg cholesterol, 904mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 1g fiber), 15g protein.
Originally published as Mini Meat Loaves in Quick Cooking March/April 2002
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
More from Taste of Home
What’s the Secret to Perfect Burgers at Home? A Former Restaurant Chef Shares 11 Expert Burger Grilling Tips