- 1-1/4 pounds ground beef
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups frozen seasoned curly fries
- 4 slices American cheese, halved
- 8 Hawaiian sweet rolls, split
- 1/4 cup pimiento-stuffed olives, drained
- Shape ground beef into eight small patties; sprinkle with salt and pepper. In a large nonstick skillet, cook burgers over medium heat until a thermometer reads 160°, 3-4 minutes on each side. Meanwhile, bake curly fries according to package directions. When cool enough to handle, cut fries in half.
- Add a half slice of cheese to each burger; cook until slightly melted, about 1 minute. Place burgers on rolls. Using toothpicks, attach curly fries to rolls to look like antennas and arms, and attach olives to look like eyes. Serve with ketchup. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forMini Martian Burgers
"I actually had these bookmarked to make for Halloween at work, but I found myself in the unenviable position of having to entertain a couple nephews overnight, so I decided to give it a try. They were a definite hit with the kids! Thanks for the great idea!"