Dainty and light, these tartlets feature two of my favorites —lemon and cheesecake —in one yummy morsel. They look lovely topped with fresh raspberries, but sliced strawberries are just as pretty and delicious. —Gwyn Brandt, Hibbing, Minnesota
Featured In: 27 Favorite Mini Desserts
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened, divided
- 1/2 cup plus 2 teaspoons butter, softened, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup plus 1/3 cup sugar, divided
- 1 teaspoon plus 2 tablespoons lemon juice, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/3 cup water
- 2 drops yellow food coloring
- Fresh raspberries
- In a small bowl, beat 3 ounces cream cheese, 1/2 cup butter and lemon peel until blended. Gradually add flour, mix well. Refrigerate, covered, 1 hour or until firm.
- Preheat oven to 325°. Shape dough into 1-in. balls; press onto the bottom and up sides of 24 ungreased mini muffin cups.
- For filling, in a small bowl, beat 1/2 cup sugar and remaining cream cheese until smooth. Beat in 1 teaspoon lemon juice and vanilla. Add egg; beat on low speed just until blended. Fill cups half full with cream cheese mixture. Bake 18-22 minutes or until set. Carefully run a knife around tarts to loosen from pan. Cool in pans on wire racks.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine cornstarch and remaining sugar; whisk in water. Bring to boil, stirring constantly; cook and stir 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from heat; gently stir in food coloring and remaining lemon juice and butter. Cool to room temperature.
- Remove cooled tarts from pans. Spoon on topping; top with raspberries. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Yield: 2 dozen.
Originally published as Mini Lemon Cheesecake Tarts in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2015, p180
Reviews forMini Lemon Cheesecake Tarts
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Feb. 20, 2018
"But the next time I will prepare a double portion of filling."
Reviewed Jul. 2, 2016
"Quite time consuming but very tasty in the end."