Mini Italian Herb Bread Recipe
- 1/2 cup water (80° to 90°)
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1-1/3 cups bread flour
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon dried minced onion
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2-1/4 teaspoons bread machine or quick-rise yeast
- 1. In a small bread machine pan, place all ingredients in order suggested by manufacturer. Select basic bread setting. Bake according to bread machine directions (check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2 tablespoons of water or flour if needed). Yield: 1 loaf (3/4 pound).
Editor’s Note: This recipe was tested in a West Bend brand Just For Dinner bread machine. This machine makes a 3/4-pound loaf. Recipe should not be doubled for use in a larger machine.
2 slices: 205 calories, 4g fat (1g saturated fat), 1mg cholesterol, 173mg sodium, 35g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 6g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1 fat.