Mini Italian Herb Bread
"I like to plan an Italian meal around this delicious bread," writes Mary Schneider of Aurora, Colorado. "I also take several loaves to our charity bake sale, and they're gone in minutes."
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 45 min.
Makes1 loaf (3/4 pound)
- 1/2 cup water (80° to 90°)
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1-1/3 cups bread flour
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon dried minced onion
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2-1/4 teaspoons bread machine or quick-rise yeast
- In a small bread machine pan, place all ingredients in order suggested by manufacturer. Select basic bread setting. Bake according to bread machine directions (check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2 tablespoons of water or flour if needed).
Editor’s Note: This recipe was tested in a West Bend brand Just For Dinner bread machine. This machine makes a 3/4-pound loaf. Recipe should not be doubled for use in a larger machine.
Nutrition Facts2 slices: 205 calories, 4g fat (1g saturated fat), 1mg cholesterol, 173mg sodium, 35g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 6g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1 fat.
Originally published as Italian Herb Bread in Cooking for 2 Winter 2006