- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- 1 pound lean ground beef or ground round
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/4 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground sage
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 40 mini rolls, split
- 8 ounces process American cheese slices, cut into 1-1/2-inch squares, optional
- 40 dill pickle slices, optional
- In a skillet, saute onion in butter. Transfer to bowl; add meat, egg and seasonings. Spread over bottom halves of the rolls; replace tops. Place on baking sheets; cover with foil. Bake at 350° for 20 minutes. If desired, place a cheese square and pickle on each hamburger; replace tops and foil and return to the oven for 5 minutes. Yield: 40 servings.
Reviews forMini Hamburgers
"the recipe was wrong. You put foil down in the bottom of your cookie sheet. spread the meat mixture then place the cooked onions then the pickle. the split buns go on next . cover with foil. bake 350 for 25 min. remove from the oven. and cut between the buns. remove the top buns and slide the turner under the meat and flip the meat and roll over and place cheese. it will melt without reheating. set out mustard,ketchup and tomatos. i worked at white castle i know how its done."
"My husband loved it but, I had the same problem with my buns getting greasy."