This green bean casserole is appealing because it's lighter than those with a cream sauce. The french-fried onions adds a delicious crunch. -Mrs. Bert Benson, Park Rapids, Minnesota
Recommended: 52 Heavenly Church Potluck Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 cups frozen cut green beans
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3/4 cup french-fried onions
- In a greased 1-qt. baking dish, combine the beans and mushrooms. In a small bowl, combine cornstarch and mustard; gradually stir in broth until smooth. Pour over the vegetables. Dot with butter.
- Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 25-30 minutes. Sprinkle with onions. Bake 5 minutes longer. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Mini Green Bean Casserole in Reminisce May/June 2003, p49
Reviews forMini Green Bean Casserole
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Dec. 24, 2009
"my first time and it was very good. Visitors liked it too."