Mini Greek Burgers
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 3/4 cup shredded seeded peeled cucumber
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons snipped fresh dill
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- MINI BURGERS:
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 3/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 4 pita breads (6 inches), halved and warmed
- 2 medium tomatoes, thinly sliced
- In a small bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Cover and refrigerate until serving.
- In a large bowl, combine the onion, parsley, oregano, salt and pepper. Crumble turkey over mixture and mix well. Shape into sixteen 2-in. patties.
- Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs, lightly coat the grill rack. Grill burgers, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the grill for 2-3 minutes on each side or until no longer pink. Serve in pita halves with tomatoes and reserved sauce.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 435 calories, 19g fat (6g saturated fat), 81mg cholesterol, 754mg sodium, 41g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 3g fiber), 26g protein.
Apr 10, 2012
We absolutely love these. The yogurt sauce is to die for (even without dill - not a fan). I made these twice so far, and the second time I added some crumbled Feta, but they are just as tasty without it. Will definitely be making these regularly.
Mar 26, 2012
Loved these. My husband was raving over them. I made lots and froze them in smaller quantities so we could have them many more times.
Mar 5, 2012
I've made other greek style burgers that were more flavorful. They weren't bad, but nothing special.
Aug 23, 2011
These little guys rock!!
Sep 7, 2010
Very delicious! I used dried herbs instead of fresh b/c that's what I had, and used feta cheese in with the dressing. Definitely satisfies a Greek craving!
Apr 29, 2009
Delicious! Healthy, too. When my husband and I tried them, our local grocery store was out of pita bread, so we ate them on mini hambuger buns, which also works well...mini greek sliders!
Feb 16, 2009
We totally love these. Our kids, however, balked at the green pieces in the burgers. I also do not like dill, so we used parsley in both the sauce and the burgers. Tasted quite yummy all around!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.