Frozen phyllo tart shells bake up to crispy perfection that’s heavenly with this warm, rich, creamy filling. They’re a snap to prepare with canned crabmeat. —Linda Stemen, Monroeville, Indiana
Recommended: 24 Snacks Made in a Wonton Wrapper
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 packages (1.9 ounces each) frozen miniature phyllo tart shells
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup 2% milk
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 can (6 ounces) lump crabmeat, drained
- 2 tablespoons shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped green onion
- Thinly sliced green onions, optional
- Preheat oven to 375°. Place tart shells in an ungreased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. In a small bowl, whisk egg, milk, mayonnaise, flour and salt until smooth. Stir in crab, cheese and chopped onion. Spoon into tart shells.
- Bake 9-11 minutes or until set. Garnish with sliced onions if desired. Serve warm. Yield: 30 appetizers.
Originally published as Mini Crab Tarts in Simple & Delicious December/January 2013, p42