Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 15 min.
Makes24 regular or 48 mini cupcakes
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 cup semisweet mini chocolate chips
- Confectioners' sugar
- In a medium bowl, sift together flour, baking powder and salt; set aside. In a large bowl, beat butter and sugar. Add vanilla. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Alternately add dry ingredients and milk, beginning and ending with dry ingredients; beat well after each addition. Stir in chocolate chips. Line regular or mini muffin cups with baking papers. Fill each two-thirds full. Bake at 400° for 14 to 16 minutes or until muffins tests done. Cool. Dust with confectioners' sugar.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 217 calories, 11g fat (6g saturated fat), 57mg cholesterol, 185mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate (17g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Feb 24, 2015
I like this recipe
Aug 5, 2010
These were true to the description given - somewhat less dense than a muffin, but not light and fluffy like other cupcakes. They did taste good, and the chocolate chips are a nice touch. Personally, I prefer a lighter, fluffier cupcake, and these were more similar to muffins, but still good. They don't puff up much, so fill the cups almost to the top, but they do develop a rounded top like a muffin does. They should be baked only till the tops are dry and should not be allowed to brown. You probably wouldn't frost these.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.