"I first tried these kabobs when my daughter-in-law made them for my granddaughter's birthday party," writes Norma Wells of Cookson, Oklahoma. "Full of soy sauce, ginger and pineapple flavors, these appetizers are popular when I serve them at get-togethers.
Recommended: 50+ Brilliant Recipes for Food on a Stick
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Dash each pepper, garlic powder and ground ginger
- 1/2 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 small green pepper, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 teaspoon honey
- In a bowl, combine the soy sauce, sugar, salt, pepper, garlic powder and ginger. Remove half of the marinade to a small bowl; set aside for basting. Add chicken to the remaining marinade; stir to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 20-30 minutes.
- Drain and discard marinade from the chicken. Thread chicken, green pepper and pineapple onto wooden toothpicks. Place on a microwave-safe plate. Add honey to the reserved marinate. Microwave kabobs on high for 5-6 minutes or until chicken juices run clear, turning occasionally. Baste with reserved marinade during the last minute of cooking. Yield: 3 dozen.
Originally published as Mini Chicken Kabobs in Quick Cooking May/June 2003, p40