- 1 cup crushed vanilla wafers (about 30 wafers)
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 pound pitted canned or frozen tart red cherries
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- Red food coloring, optional
- Preheat oven to 350°. Combine crumbs and butter; press gently onto bottoms of 12 foil-lined muffin cups. In another bowl, combine cream cheese, sugar, lemon juice and vanilla. Add egg; beat on low speed just until combined. Spoon over crusts.
- Bake until centers are almost set, 12-15 minutes. Cool completely.
- For topping, drain cherries, reserving 1/2 cup juice in a saucepan; discard remaining juice. To reserved juice, add cherries, sugar, cornstarch and, if desired, food coloring. Bring to a boil; cook until thickened, about 1 minute. Cool; spoon over cheesecakes. Refrigerate, covered, at least 2 hours. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews forMini Cherry Cheesecakes
"I top these with a combination of fresh strawberries, blueberries and kiwi with a dab of whipped cream. Adds a wonderful taste of freshness and so colorful."
"So good! Love the cherry topping. Well worth it to make it."
"A friend gave me this recipe 30 years ago. I use a vanilla wafer for the crust and canned cherry pie filling for the topping."
"I make this, but I use pecan sandies crumbs for the crust. Great change & taste. I also use canned fruit of all kinds. My grandkids love these."
"These are wonderful. I have been making them for years. They are easy to make."
"So simple and so delicious! Just the right size for a snack!"
"I'd love to try this, maybe using crushed Oreos instead. But, I'd think this particular method (mini cheesecakes in multiple cupcake papers) is far more "fussy" than putting it all in a single serving dish. Still, I'm planning to try it."
"I use a recipe very similar to this but I use vanilla wafers as the crust. It's much faster. Just drop in a vanilla wafer in the bottom of the paper cup and then add your filling."