I started preparing these mini burgers several years ago as a way to use up bread crusts accumulating in my freezer. They're delicious. —Linda Lane, Bennington, Vermont
Featured In: 25 Recipes You Can Make in a Microwave
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1/4 pound ground beef
- 3 slices process American cheese
- 4 slices white bread (heels of loaf recommended)
- 2 tablespoons Thousand Island salad dressing
- 2 pearl onions, thinly sliced
- 4 baby dill pickles, thinly sliced
- 3 cherry tomatoes, thinly sliced
- Shape beef into 1-in. patties. Place on a microwave-safe plate lined with microwave-safe paper towels. Cover with another paper towel; microwave on high for 1 minute or until meat is no longer pink. Cut each slice of cheese into fourths; set aside.
- Using a 1-in. round cookie cutter, cut out six circles from each slice of bread. Spread half of the bread circles with dressing. Layer with burgers, cheese, onions, pickles and tomatoes. Top with remaining bread circles; secure with toothpicks. Serve immediately. Yield: 1 dozen.
Originally published as Mini Burgers with the Works in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2007, p210
Reviews forMini Burgers with the Works
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review