- 16 frozen waffle-cut fries
- 2 medium onions, cut into 1/8-inch slices
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 teaspoons steak seasoning
- 3 large egg yolks
- 4-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons water
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 4 slices cheddar cheese, quartered
- Bake waffle fries according to package directions. In a large skillet, cook onions in butter and oil over medium heat for 10 minutes. Add the sugar, salt and pepper; cook 3-5 minutes longer or until onions are golden brown, stirring frequently.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine beef and steak seasoning. Shape into 16 patties. Cook in a large skillet until a thermometer reads 160° and juices run clear, turning once.
- For sauce, in a double boiler or metal bowl over simmering water, constantly whisk the egg yolks, lemon juice and water until mixture reaches 160° or is thick enough to coat the back of a metal spoon. Reduce heat to low. Slowly drizzle in warm melted butter, whisking constantly.
- Top each waffle fry with a burger and cheese. Broil 4-5 in. from the heat for 1-2 minutes or until cheese is melted. Top with onions and sauce. Yield: 16 appetizers.
Reviews forMini-Burger Potato Bites
"Loved the idea of serving sliders on waffle fries, but also knew that my guys would not eat the onions or sauce. I have a square hamburger press and it made forming the sliders super easy. I split the pound of meat into 4 balls, pressed them out and then sectioned each into 4 burgers. I topped ours with sliced american (each slice gave 4 squares) and some crispy bacon."
"These are excellent! Loved as munchies during football Sundays by grownups and kiddos! YUM!"
"i took these to a church snack/icecream supper and i got ALOT of compliments.very cute and creative snack. not alot of trouble either :-) people will think youre ingenius."
"This was a fair amouint of work for something that should be simple. The taste was pretty good though. A tad salty, maybe from the seasoning. I cheated when I make my hollandaise sauce: mix all sauce ingredients in a blender then immerse in a pan of hot tap water while the rest of the food cooks. Served with homemade augratin potatoes and green beans for a complete meal. Also tried using A1 sauce as a topping for the sliders and that was even better!"