These yummy bites are a huge hit at parties. People say they’re even better than the mini burger appetizers that are so popular at restaurants.—Maribeth Condo, Lindenhurst, Illinois
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 16 frozen waffle-cut fries
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 teaspoons steak seasoning
- 4 slices cheddar cheese, quartered
- Optional toppings: sliced red pearl onions, thinly sliced cherry tomatoes, dill pickle slices and yellow mustard
- Bake waffle fries according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine beef and steak seasoning. Shape into 16 patties. Cook in a large skillet until a thermometer reads 160° and juices run clear, turning once.
- Top each waffle fry with a burger and cheese. Broil 4-5 in. from the heat for 1-2 minutes or until cheese is melted. Finish with toppings of your choice. Yield: 16 appetizers.
Originally published as Mini Burger Bites in Summer Appetizers 2012 2012