I served this recipe to my family while we were on vacation and they were all amazed! The best part, I didn't spend tons of time on it thanks to refrigerated pie dough. Watch your mini tarts around the 13-minute mark to make sure they don't brown too quickly. If you like, sprinkle the tops with coarse sugar for a beautiful finishing touch.—Allison Bell, Hillsdale, New Jersey
Recommended: 32 Sweet and Tart Rhubarb Dessert Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 package (14.1 ounces) refrigerated pie pastry
- 1 large egg yolk, lightly beaten
- Preheat oven to 425°. Crush half of the blueberries. Sift together sugar and cornstarch. Add whole and crushed blueberries; toss until berries are well coated. Set aside.
- On a lightly floured surface, unroll pastry sheets. Cut out six 4-1/2-in. circles; press circles onto bottoms and up sides of greased muffin cups. Spoon blueberry mixture evenly into pastry cups. Cut out six 2-in. circles from remaining pastry; place over filling. Brush yolk over pastry.
- Bake until crust is golden and filling bubbles, 13-17 minutes. Cool in pans 10 minutes; run a knife around sides of muffin cups and remove tarts to a serving plate. Yield: 6 mini tarts.
Originally published as Mini Blueberry Tarts in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2018