Mini Beef Wellingtons Recipe
- 1 boneless beef chuck roast (3 to 4 pounds)
- 14 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 can (10-1/2 ounces) condensed beef broth, undiluted, divided
- 1 cup Madeira or marsala wine, divided
- 1/2 pound medium fresh mushrooms, finely chopped
- 1 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 5 tubes (16.3 ounces each) large refrigerated flaky biscuits
- 1. In a Dutch oven, brown roast on all sides in 4 tablespoons butter. Pour 1/2 cup broth and 1/2 cup wine over roast. Cover and bake at 325° for 1-1/4 to 1-1/2 hours or until tender. Remove roast and cool slightly; shred meat with two forks.
- 2. In a small skillet, saute mushrooms in 2 tablespoons butter until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in parsley; set aside.
- 3. In a large saucepan, bring remaining broth and 1 tablespoon butter to a boil. Combine cornstarch and remaining wine until smooth; gradually stir into the pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in the meat, mushroom mixture, salt and pepper.
- 4. Press each biscuit into a 4-in. circle. Place 2 tablespoons meat mixture on half of each circle. Bring edges of biscuit over mixture and pinch seam to seal. Place on greased baking sheets. Bake at 400° for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. Melt remaining butter; brush over appetizers. Yield: 40 appetizers.
1 each: 296 calories, 16g fat (6g saturated fat), 33mg cholesterol, 678mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 1g fiber), 11g protein.
Reviews for Mini Beef Wellingtons
"Has anyone made n then frozen? If so, before or after baking?"
"I made these both for an ROTC dinner meeting and a wrestling match. They were an absolute hit! Kids and adults loved them. I have been asked repeatedly when will I make them again."
"I made these for our Christmas Eve Buffet. They were the hit of the Buffet. Everyone loved them. I sent a copy to all family members who ask. Most everyone did ask. The flavor was full bodied and needed nothing. I ask everyone and no one wanted to change anythingThank you!"