Mini BBQ Chicken Pizzas
Deborah Forbes or Fort Worth, Texas writes, "Just add a salad to these pizzas and you have a quick week night dinner in under 30 minutes. It's very budget friendly, too." More Grilled Chicken Recipes »
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1-1/2 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 2/3 cup barbecue sauce
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1-1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 package (13 ounces) whole wheat English muffins, split
- 1-1/2 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- In a large nonstick skillet, saute onion in oil until tender. Stir in the chicken, barbecue sauce, chilies, garlic powder and pepper. Spread over cut sides of muffins; sprinkle with cheese.
- Place on baking sheets; broil 4-6 in. from the heat for 2-3 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 157 calories, 5g fat (2g saturated fat), 24mg cholesterol, 428mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 3g fiber), 12g protein.
Originally published as Mini Chicken BBQ Pizzas in Light & Tasty February/March 2008
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.