- 2/3 cup barbecue sauce
- 1/3 cup salsa
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 small green pepper, finely chopped
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons Montreal steak seasoning
- 1-1/2 pounds lean ground beef (90% lean)
- Preheat oven to 400°. In a large bowl, mix barbecue sauce, salsa and Worcestershire sauce; reserve 1/2 cup mixture for topping. Add bread crumbs, onion, pepper, egg and steak seasoning to remaining sauce mixture. Add beef; mix lightly but thoroughly.
- Place 1/3 cup beef mixture in each of 12 greased muffin cups. Spoon reserved sauce mixture over tops.
- Bake 20-25 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°. Let stand 5 minutes before removing from pan. Yield: 1 dozen.
Reviews forMini Barbecue Meat Loaves
"I did not care for this recipe. Not sure if the 2 tablespoons of seasoning was correct. It was so over powering. I will probably cut them up and use them in some spaghetti sauce. I would not make this recipe again."