Mini Banana Cream Pies
Mini pies are all the rage, and this cool and luscious banana cream pie is no exception. Whether it's just the two of you or a party of five, savor this classic dessert without the fear of wasteful leftovers. —Carol Maertz, Spruce Grove, Alberta
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 15 min. + chilling
Makes5 mini pies
- 1-1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 can (12 ounces) evaporated milk
- 1 cup water
- 3 egg yolks, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 2 large firm bananas
- Combine the cracker crumbs, sugar and butter; press onto the bottom and up the sides of five 5-in. pie plates. Place on a baking sheet. Bake at 375° for 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a small saucepan, combine the sugar, cornstarch and salt. Stir in milk and water until smooth. Cook and stir over medium-high heat until thickened and bubbly. Reduce heat; cook and stir 2 minutes longer.
- Remove from the heat. Stir a small amount of hot filling into egg yolks; return all to pan, stirring constantly. Bring to a gentle boil; cook and stir 2 minutes longer. Remove from the heat. Stir in vanilla. Press plastic wrap onto surface of custard; cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- In a small bowl, beat cream until it begins to thicken. Add confectioners' sugar; beat until stiff peaks form. Slice bananas into crusts; spoon custard over top. Top with whipped cream. Refrigerate for at least 3 hours before serving.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Originally published as Banana Cream Pie in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2012