Baklava has amazing memories for me; my best friend made it for my bridal and baby showers. And then, she taught me how to make it! These delicious little miniatures give you the taste of baklava in a bite-sized package. —Margaret Guillory, Eunice, Louisiana
Recommended: 27 Favorite Mini Desserts
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 2 packages (1.90 ounces each) frozen miniature phyllo tart shells
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a small saucepan over medium heat, melt butter. Stir in sugar and cinnamon. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; add pecans and walnuts, tossing to coat. Simmer, uncovered, until nuts are lightly toasted, 5-10 minutes.
- Place phyllo shells on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet. Spoon nut mixture and butter sauce evenly into shells. Bake until golden brown, 9-11 minutes. Cool completely on pan on a wire rack. Drizzle a drop of honey into each shell; let stand, covered, until serving. Serve with additional honey if desired. Yield: about 2-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Mini Baklava in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2018