- 1 package (15 ounces) refrigerated pie pastry
- 1/2 pound sliced bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 cup ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- Dash cayenne pepper
- 2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- Let pastry stand at room temperature for 15-20 minutes. In a bowl, combine the bacon, cheeses, egg, onion, garlic powder, salt, pepper and cayenne. Sprinkle each pastry crust with 1 teaspoon flour; place floured side down on a lightly floured surface. Cut 12 circles from each crust, using a 2-1/2 in. round biscuit cutter.
- Press dough onto the bottom and up the sides of lightly greased miniature muffin cups. Fill each with about 1 tablespoon of bacon mixture. Bake at 400° for 16-18 minutes or until filling is set. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to a wire rack. Serve warm. Yield: 2 dozen.
Reviews forMini Bacon Quiches
"I made this recipe when I catered an hors d'oerves and wine reception. They were a huge hit. Served about 150 people and got raving reviews from all. There were none left!"
"These are very tasty and everyone I have made them for loves them. Instead of the pie pastry, I used pre-made tart shells which worked great and saved even more time preparing them!"
"I just made these to experiment for an upcoming event. Really, really good and not just for Christmas :-).Love the creaminess of all the cheeses and the crisp bacon.Definetly a keeper.Nancy_NJ"