Minestrone Soup with Hamburger
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
Makes9 servings (about 3 quarts)
- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 6 cups water
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (28 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1-1/2 cups frozen whole kernel corn
- 1-1/2 cups sliced zucchini
- 1 cup shredded cabbage
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 2 teaspoons beef bouillon granules
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup uncooked elbow macaroni
- In a Dutch oven, cook beef, onion and garlic over medium heat 6-8 minutes or until beef is no longer pink, breaking up beef into crumbles; drain. Add water, beans, vegetables and seasonings; bring to a boil. Stir in macaroni. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, 10-15 minutes or until macaroni is tender, stirring occasionally.
Nutrition Facts1-1/3 cups: 186 calories, 5g fat (2g saturated fat), 31mg cholesterol, 496mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 5g fiber), 15g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 vegetable, 1 starch, 1 lean meat.
Sep 23, 2017
I switched out the ground beef with ground turkey and I used 2 chicken bouillon cubes instead of the beef bouillon. It was very tasty. Will make again.
Jan 8, 2010
Hearty and filled with vegetables! Great taste!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.