This hearty broth is sure to warm you up on a cool day. Filled with Italian seasoning, good-for-you vegetables, ground beef and macaroni, the recipe was sent in by Maudie Breen of Salt Lake City, Utah.
Recommended: Top 10 Recipes for Soup
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 6 cups water
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (28 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1-1/2 cups frozen whole kernel corn
- 1-1/2 cups sliced zucchini
- 1 cup shredded cabbage
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 2 teaspoons beef bouillon granules
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup uncooked elbow macaroni
- In a Dutch oven, cook beef, onion and garlic over medium heat 6-8 minutes or until beef is no longer pink, breaking up beef into crumbles; drain. Add water, beans, vegetables and seasonings; bring to a boil. Stir in macaroni. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, 10-15 minutes or until macaroni is tender, stirring occasionally. Yield: 9 servings (about 3 quarts).
Originally published as Hamburger Minestrone in Light & Tasty August/September 2005, p61
Reviews forMinestrone Soup with Hamburger
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jan. 8, 2010
"Hearty and filled with vegetables! Great taste!"