- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) Italian diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2-1/4 cups water
- 1-1/2 cups uncooked elbow macaroni
- 2 beef bouillon cubes
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) cut green beans, rinsed and drained
- In a large skillet, brown beef; drain. Add tomatoes, water, macaroni and bouillon; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 12-15 minutes or until macaroni is tender. Stir in beans and heat through. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forMinestrone Macaroni
"I have been making this since I saw it in quick Cooking in 1998. I use black beans instead of green beans. My family loves this!"
"I make this all the time. Hearty, fabulous and so easy."
"Would make again with modifications. Good idea to start.Needs more water, the macaroni sucked all up. Would add onion, garlic, spices."
"LOVED THIS! It could have used a couple more bullion cubes but it has a my favorite things in it and was easy to make. I can't wait to make this again."
"It wasn't inedible but it was terribly bland. I wouldn't rather eat minestrone soup."
"I found this needed flavor. I added garlic, salt, pepper and parmesan cheese."
"This was so easy and I didn't have kidney beans so I used great northern beans, it was excellent! My family loved it!!Thanks!"