Minestrone in Minutes Recipe
- 3 links sweet or hot Italian sausage, sliced
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 can (16 ounces) tomatoes with liquid, chopped
- 2 small zucchini, cubed
- 3 beef bouillon cubes
- 3 cups water
- 2 cups finely chopped cabbage
- 1 can (15.8 ounces) great northern beans, undrained
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Grated Parmesan cheese
- 1. In a Dutch oven or soup kettle, brown sausage and onion until onion is tender. Add all remaining ingredients except cheese. Simmer 1 hour. Sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 2 qts.
1/2 cup: 117 calories, 4g fat (1g saturated fat), 7mg cholesterol, 645mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 4g fiber), 6g protein.
Reviews for Minestrone in Minutes
"QUESTION: I believe 8 servings from 2 quarts would make the serving 1 CUP rather than 1/2 cup, wouldn't it?"
"This is absolutly delicious. I did not have bouillon cubes so substituted 1 (14oz) can of chicken broth and added 1cup of water instead of the 3 cups. After having leftovers my husband thought it tasted better that after it was just made. He really likes this soup and it was so good on a chilly day. It's a keeper!!"