Minestrone in Minutes
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 1 hour 5 min.
- 3 sweet or Johnsonville® Hot Italian Sausage Links,, sliced
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 small zucchini, cubed
- 3 teaspoons beef bouillon granules
- 3 cups water
- 2 cups finely chopped cabbage
- 1 can (15-1/2 ounces) great northern beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- Grated Parmesan cheese
- In a Dutch oven or soup kettle, cook sausage and onion over medium heat until sausage is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the remaining ingredients except cheese. Bring to a boil. Cover and simmer for 1 hour. Sprinkle with cheese.
Nutrition Facts1/2 cup: 117 calories, 4g fat (1g saturated fat), 7mg cholesterol, 645mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 4g fiber), 6g protein.
Jan 8, 2010
QUESTION: I believe 8 servings from 2 quarts would make the serving 1 CUP rather than 1/2 cup, wouldn't it?
Oct 6, 2009
This is absolutly delicious. I did not have bouillon cubes so substituted 1 (14oz) can of chicken broth and added 1cup of water instead of the 3 cups. After having leftovers my husband thought it tasted better that after it was just made. He really likes this soup and it was so good on a chilly day. It's a keeper!!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.