Minestrone in Minutes
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 1 hour 5 min.
- 3 sweet or hot Italian sausage links, sliced
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 small zucchini, cubed
- 3 teaspoons beef bouillon granules
- 3 cups water
- 2 cups finely chopped cabbage
- 1 can (15-1/2 ounces) great northern beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- Grated Parmesan cheese
- In a Dutch oven or soup kettle, cook sausage and onion over medium heat until sausage is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the remaining ingredients except cheese. Bring to a boil. Cover and simmer for 1 hour. Sprinkle with cheese.
Nutrition Facts1/2 cup: 117 calories, 4g fat (1g saturated fat), 7mg cholesterol, 645mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 4g fiber), 6g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jan 8, 2010
QUESTION: I believe 8 servings from 2 quarts would make the serving 1 CUP rather than 1/2 cup, wouldn't it?
Oct 6, 2009
This is absolutly delicious. I did not have bouillon cubes so substituted 1 (14oz) can of chicken broth and added 1cup of water instead of the 3 cups. After having leftovers my husband thought it tasted better that after it was just made. He really likes this soup and it was so good on a chilly day. It's a keeper!!