Mincemeat Walnut Pie
Here's a tasty twist on the more traditional mincemeat pie. This one's sweeter, creamier, easier to make and so yummy!
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 40 min. + cooling
- Pastry for single-crust pie (9 inches)
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup prepared mincemeat
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- Line a 9-in. pie plate with pastry; flute edges. Line pastry shell with a double thickness of heavy-duty foil. Bake at 450° for 5 minutes. Remove foil; bake 5 minutes longer. Cool on a wire rack. Reduce heat to 350°.
- In a large bowl, combine the sugar, flour and salt. Stir in the eggs, butter, mincemeat and walnuts until blended. Pour into crust.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Cover edges with foil during the last 15 minutes to prevent overbrowning if necessary. Cool on a wire rack.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 399 calories, 19g fat (7g saturated fat), 100mg cholesterol, 229mg sodium, 53g carbohydrate (35g sugars, 1g fiber), 6g protein.
Originally published as Walnut Mincemeat Pie in Country Woman Christmas 2005
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.