Mincemeat Pumpkin Pie
Instead of serving separate pumpkin and mincemeat pies one Thanksgiving, I served this one pie that combines those wonderful flavors. It was a hit!
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 55 min. + cooling
- 2 cups prepared mincemeat
- 1 unbaked pastry shell (9 inches)
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 3/4 cup evaporated milk
- Spread mincemeat over the bottom of pastry shell. In a large bowl, beat the egg, pumpkin, sugar, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, salt and cloves just until smooth. Gradually stir in milk.
- Pour over mincemeat. Bake at 400° for 55-60 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Store in the refrigerator.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 303 calories, 9g fat (4g saturated fat), 39mg cholesterol, 189mg sodium, 50g carbohydrate (32g sugars, 3g fiber), 4g protein.
Originally published as Mincemeat Pumpkin Pie in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2004
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.