Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 15 min.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 3-1/4 cups prepared mincemeat
- 3-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1-1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 6 tablespoons half-and-half cream
- 1 teaspoon rum extract
- 9 dozen pecan halves
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar. Beat in the eggs. Add mincemeat; mix well. Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt; add to the creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in pecans. Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto greased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 14-16 minutes or until edges begin to brown. Remove to wire racks to cool.
- For the frosting, combine the brown sugar and butter in a saucepan; bring to a boil over medium heat. Boil for 6-8 minutes, stirring twice, or until the sugar is dissolved. Remove from the heat. Add the confectioners' sugar, cream and extract; beat until smooth. Frost the cookies; top each with a pecan half.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 203 calories, 10g fat (4g saturated fat), 29mg cholesterol, 113mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (19g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Dec 17, 2015
I have tried this recipe before and it just doesn't compare to the condensed mincemeat version. The liquid from prepared mincemeat blends in with the cookie dough and washes out that intense mincemeat flavor that people are accustom to. (not to mention it is MESSY for those that hand ball their cookies)Nonesuch put this recipe (the one listed here) on the back of their prepared mincemeat several years ago and then removed it the next year due to complaints.If you are looking for the traditional mincemeat cookies like the "prize" mincemeat cookies, skip this one. You will be sorely disappointed.Although it is hard to find in the stores now, you can still get the condensed mincemeat online (I usually buy in bulk of 12 boxes in the early fall).
Dec 22, 2011
This is on my Christmas cookie now
Nov 27, 2011
These are the perfect christmas cookie! I follow the recipe exactly and they turn out moist and delicious.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.