Mincemeat Cherry Pie
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 40 min.
- Pastry for double-crust pie (9 inches)
- 1 can (21 ounces) cherry pie filling
- 1-3/4 cups prepared mincemeat
- 1/3 cup orange marmalade
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- Line a 9-in. pie plate with bottom pastry. Trim evenly with edge of plate. In a bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Pour into crust. Roll out remaining pastry to fit top of pie; place over filling. Trim, seal and flute edges. Cut slits in top. Cover edges loosely with foil. Bake at 400° for 40-45 minutes or until crust is golden brown and filling is bubbly. Cool on a wire rack.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 473 calories, 16g fat (6g saturated fat), 10mg cholesterol, 238mg sodium, 78g carbohydrate (46g sugars, 2g fiber), 3g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Dec 7, 2018
EXCELLENT! The cherries "lighten" the mincemeat and I love the slight flavor of orange from the marmalade. Used pecans instead of walnuts, but otherwise followed the recipe as written. Definitely a keeper.
Feb 26, 2011
when I made this the first day I was disappointed. All the flavours were separate and confusing, but after a day or two the flavours had time to blend, making this a very unique & delicious pie. the next time I make this I will mix the pie filling & simmer it on the stove a couple of days before making the pie to allow the flavours to blend.