Mincemeat Cherry Pie
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 40 min.
- Pastry for double-crust pie (9 inches)
- 1 can (21 ounces) cherry pie filling
- 1-3/4 cups prepared mincemeat
- 1/3 cup orange marmalade
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- Line a 9-in. pie plate with bottom pastry. Trim evenly with edge of plate. In a bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Pour into crust. Roll out remaining pastry to fit top of pie; place over filling. Trim, seal and flute edges. Cut slits in top. Cover edges loosely with foil. Bake at 400° for 40-45 minutes or until crust is golden brown and filling is bubbly. Cool on a wire rack.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 473 calories, 16g fat (6g saturated fat), 10mg cholesterol, 238mg sodium, 78g carbohydrate (46g sugars, 2g fiber), 3g protein.
Dec 7, 2018
EXCELLENT! The cherries "lighten" the mincemeat and I love the slight flavor of orange from the marmalade. Used pecans instead of walnuts, but otherwise followed the recipe as written. Definitely a keeper.
Feb 26, 2011
when I made this the first day I was disappointed. All the flavours were separate and confusing, but after a day or two the flavours had time to blend, making this a very unique & delicious pie. the next time I make this I will mix the pie filling & simmer it on the stove a couple of days before making the pie to allow the flavours to blend.