- 1/2 cup uncooked millet*, rinsed and drained
- 1-1/2 cups vegetable broth
- 4 medium sweet red peppers
- 3/4 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup finely chopped celery
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 green onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh mint or 1 teaspoon dried mint flakes
- 2 teaspoons shredded lemon peel
- 1-1/2 teaspoons fresh chooped oregano or 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- In a saucepan, simmer millet in broth until tender and broth is absorbed, about 30-35 minutes. Transfer to a large bowl and cool. Meanwhile, cut tops off sweet peppers and remove seeds. In a large skillet, cook peppers in boiling water for 3-5 minutes. Drain and rinse in cold water; set aside.
- With a fork, fluff cooled millet. Add next 11 ingredients; blend well. Spoon into sweet peppers. Drizzle with oil. Place in a baking dish coated with cooking spray. Cover; bake at 350° for 55-60 minutes or until tender. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forMillet-Stuffed Red Peppers
"The millet mixture was rather odd, and it was very dry. Hubby threw his out. While I finished my serving, I was quite disappointed as well."