Milk N Honey Bread
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 1 hour + cooling
Makes1 loaf (16 slices)
- 1 cup milk
- 2/3 cup honey
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup toasted wheat germ
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts, toasted, optional
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- In a saucepan or microwave-safe bowl, combine milk, honey and butter. Heat just until the butter is melted. Cool for 10 minutes. In a bowl, combine the remaining ingredients; stir in milk mixture just until combined. Pour into a greased 9x5-in. loaf pan. Bake at 325° for 1 hour or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 145 calories, 2g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 206mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 4g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Sep 4, 2012
For those days when you don't have time to make a yeast bread, this bread is a fine substitute. It is flavorful and has a good texture. I definitely would make this again.