Milk Chocolate Raspberry Truffles
Although they look fussy, these melt-in-your-mouth delights are actually a cinch to make. What's more, they're a hit everywhere I take them.
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + chilling Cook: 10 min.
- 1/2 cup evaporated milk
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 package (11-1/2 ounces) milk chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup seedless raspberry preserves
- 1/2 teaspoon instant coffee granules
- 3/4 cup finely chopped almonds, toasted
- In a large heavy saucepan, combine milk and sugar. Bring to a rolling boil over medium heat; boil and stir for 3 minutes. Remove from the heat; stir in chocolate chips, preserves and coffee until mixture is smooth. Chill for 1 hour.
- Roll into 1-in. balls; roll in almonds. Place on waxed paper-lined baking sheets. Chill until firm. Cover and store in the refrigerator.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 186 calories, 10g fat (5g saturated fat), 7mg cholesterol, 26mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (19g sugars, 2g fiber), 3g protein.
Originally published as Raspberry Truffles in Country Woman Christmas 1999
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.