Milk Chocolate Bundt Cake
- 1 milk chocolate candy bar (7 ounces), broken into pieces
- 1/2 cup chocolate syrup
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup buttermilk
- Confectioners' sugar, optional
- 1. In a microwave, melt candy bar with chocolate syrup; stir until smooth. Set aside to cool.
- 2. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in chocolate mixture and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with buttermilk, beating well after each addition.
- 3. Pour into a greased and floured 10-in. fluted tube pan. Bake at 350° for 50-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool in pan on a wire rack for 15 minutes. Remove from pan and cool completely. Dust with confectioners' sugar if desired.
1 slice: 423 calories, 20g fat (12g saturated fat), 100mg cholesterol, 338mg sodium, 57g carbohydrate (36g sugars, 1g fiber), 6g protein.
May 31, 2019Oddly, i did not find it to have a dense chocolatey flavor at all. I found the flavor to be subtle, but very pleasant.
Sep 8, 2013
Dense chocolatey flavor
Feb 11, 2013
This cake was good, but not nearly as moist as the Moist Chocolate Cake(also on this website). Even though there is chocolate syrup and a chocolate bar in this cake, it doesn't have a very strong chocolate flavor.
Feb 17, 2011
This cake was absolutely delicious! I thought it got moister the longer it got! Loved it!
Dec 13, 2010
This was a pretty simple recipe to make. I used skim milk and had good results and the cake tasted right on. I'd probably recommend adding a frosting to the cake, otherwise it is a little bland. Otherwise, I really liked this cake and plan on making it again.
Jan 14, 2010
THIS IS THE SAME AS THE HERSHEY BAR CAKE
Jul 25, 2009
I made this cake for a picnic. I wanted something that traveled well in the summer weather and was delicious without glaze or frosting. This cake was perfect! I folded in chocolate chips to make it extra special.
Dec 31, 1969
I am allergic to buttermilk.Can I use regular milk for this recipe?Thanks
Jun 11, 2008
This is by far the best cake I have ever had in my life. It is so good I can hardly stand it!!! I've been making it since I first saw it in TOH a few years ago. THANK YOU to the the submitter for this recipe!! P.S. Don't be afraid to use a bit more chocolate...I use a couple extra ounces of candy bar since I buy the bigger Cadbury bars.