- 2 packages (1/4 ounce each) active dry yeast
- 2-1/2 cups warm milk (110° to 115°)
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 8 to 8-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in warm milk. Add honey, butter, salt and 5 cups of flour; beat until smooth. Add enough remaining flour to form a soft dough.
- Turn onto a floured board; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
- Punch dough down and shape into two loaves. Place in greased 9x5-in. loaf pans. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 30 minutes.
- Bake at 375° for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown. Cover loosely with foil if top browns too quickly. Remove from pans and cool on wire racks. Yield: 2 loaves (16 slices each).
Reviews forMilk-and-Honey White Bread
"Was a good loaf as is but I?switched it to bread flour, used NFD milk and cut the recipe in half to get one loaf. Now it's AMAZING."
"This was such an easy recipe to follow, and a joy to make! Hubby was delighted to be surprised with freshly baked bread when he came home from work today. Admittedly, I did buy a loaf from the store just in case I screwed this one up, but I am fairly certain the store-bought loaf will be going into the freezer...if these loaves last long, that is!"
"Good recipe. I will make this again."
"I am a beekeeper and this is my favorite honey recipe . Great texture and taste"
"Timeless and perfect bread. My wonder twins (age 5 & 4) loves it. Won't eat store bought anymore."
"love the aroma in my kitchen..while making bread.."