Mighty Mango Shrimp
Served hot or cold, this shrimp has a nice kick of spice, balanced by the sweetness of mango. —Thomas Faglon, Somerset, New Jersey
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + marinating Grill: 10 min.
- 1-1/4 cups mango nectar
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 4 teaspoons minced chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- 1-1/2 teaspoons grated lime zest
- 1-1/4 teaspoons ground cumin
- 16 uncooked jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined
- In a large bowl, whisk the first five ingredients until blended. Reserve 1/2 cup for basting. Add shrimp to remaining marinade; gently toss to coat. Let stand 15 minutes.
- Drain shrimp, discarding marinade. On four metal or soaked wooden skewers, thread shrimp. Lightly oil the grill rack.
- Grill shrimp, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from heat 3-4 minutes on each side or until shrimp turn pink, basting occasionally with reserved marinade.
Nutrition Facts1 skewer: 112 calories, 2g fat (0 saturated fat), 124mg cholesterol, 140mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 0 fiber), 17g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 lean meat, 1/2 starch.
Originally published as mighty mango shrimp in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2015