Served hot or cold, this shrimp has a nice kick of spice, balanced by the sweetness of mango. —Thomas Faglon, Somerset, New Jersey
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1-1/4 cups mango nectar
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 4 teaspoons minced chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- 1-1/2 teaspoons grated lime peel
- 1-1/4 teaspoons ground cumin
- 16 uncooked jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined
- In a large bowl, whisk the first five ingredients until blended. Reserve 1/2 cup for basting. Add shrimp to remaining marinade; gently toss to coat. Let stand 15 minutes.
- Drain shrimp, discarding marinade. On four metal or soaked wooden skewers, thread shrimp. Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs, rub on grill rack to coat lightly.
- Grill shrimp, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from heat 3-4 minutes on each side or until shrimp turn pink, basting occasionally with reserved marinade. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Mighty Mango Shrimp in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2015, p143