Migas, My Way
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 tablespoon bacon drippings or canola oil
- 4 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 tablespoon salsa
- 1/2 cup crushed tortilla chips
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- Chopped green onions, additional salsa and warm flour tortillas, optional
- In a large skillet, saute onion and green pepper in drippings until tender. In a small bowl, whisk the eggs, water and salsa. Add to skillet; cook and stir until set. Stir in tortilla chips and 1/4 cup cheese.
- Sprinkle with remaining cheese. If desired, top with green onions and additional salsa and serve with tortillas.
Nutrition Facts1 serving (calculated without tortillas, cilantro, sour cream and additional salsa): 385 calories, 27g fat (12g saturated fat), 459mg cholesterol, 411mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 20g protein.
Jan 2, 2013
have been making for well over a year or more.easy and can add so many different things i use fresh corn tortillas an slice and fry in oil. then eggs and salsa, cheese and whatever i have.olives, green onions , more cheese.....filling, easy and oh so good
Dec 2, 2012
So good and so easy! Definitely going into regular rotation. :-)
Sep 24, 2011
My husband and I both really enjoyed this dish!
Jul 16, 2011
My husband Jesse Montenegro, called this recipe Migas de Monterey, the difference in the recipe was you use any leftovers ( potatoes, veggies, and cheese).It was an old recipe fro a large family who wasted Nothing, it all went in to the Migas skillet....... wonderful. Mary west.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.