Migas, My Way
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 tablespoon bacon drippings or canola oil
- 4 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 tablespoon salsa
- 1/2 cup crushed tortilla chips
- 1/2 cup Kerrygold shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- Chopped green onions, additional salsa and warm flour tortillas, optional
- In a large skillet, saute onion and green pepper in drippings until tender. In a small bowl, whisk the eggs, water and salsa. Add to skillet; cook and stir until set. Stir in tortilla chips and 1/4 cup cheese.
- Sprinkle with remaining cheese. If desired, top with green onions and additional salsa and serve with tortillas.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 385 calories, 27g fat (12g saturated fat), 459mg cholesterol, 411mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 20g protein.
Jan 2, 2013
have been making for well over a year or more.easy and can add so many different things i use fresh corn tortillas an slice and fry in oil. then eggs and salsa, cheese and whatever i have.olives, green onions , more cheese.....filling, easy and oh so good
Dec 2, 2012
So good and so easy! Definitely going into regular rotation. :-)
Sep 24, 2011
My husband and I both really enjoyed this dish!
Jul 16, 2011
My husband Jesse Montenegro, called this recipe Migas de Monterey, the difference in the recipe was you use any leftovers ( potatoes, veggies, and cheese).It was an old recipe fro a large family who wasted Nothing, it all went in to the Migas skillet....... wonderful. Mary west.