- 6 medium russet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons minced chives
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon onion salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Place potatoes in a saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 10-15 minutes or until tender. Meanwhile, in a small skillet, saute garlic in butter.
- Drain potatoes and place in a large bowl. Add garlic; beat until smooth. Add the remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Transfer to a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews forMidnight Mashed Potatoes
"I’ve been making these potatoes for New Year’s Eve ever since I found the recipe in one of my TOH cookbooks. It’s been almost 20 years and my husband never fails to request them!"
"I shared this recipe with my sister. She wasn't sure so she made plain mashed potatoes and these. The Midnight Mashed Potatoes were completly gone. Definelty our favorite holiday potatoes and are no work than the regular."
"I made these potatoes several years ago and have been making them ever since! My family loves the blend of flavors and they are so easy!"