Microwaved Barbecued Pork Chops
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 6 boneless pork loin chops (4 ounces each and 1/2-inch thick)
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon cold water
- Place pork chops in an ungreased 11x7-in. microwave-safe dish.
- In a large bowl, combine the next nine ingredients. Pour over the chops. Cover with plastic wrap; peel back one corner to vent. Microwave on high for 11-13 minutes or until juices run clear. Remove chops; set aside and keep warm.
- In a small bowl, combine cornstarch and cold water until smooth. Stir into barbecue sauce. Microwave for 30-45 seconds or until thickened. Serve sauce over chops.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested in a 1,100-watt microwave.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 93 calories, 1g fat (0 saturated fat), 9mg cholesterol, 715mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein.
Nov 6, 2012
My Mom used to make this when I was a kid. She always used bottled Kraft BBQ sauce. She recently passed & I am excited to find the "recipe", as she never told me how long to cook the pork. Can't wait to surprise my Dad with this favorite!
Jan 24, 2012
This seems like a recipe someone made up. It's edible, but I won't do it again on purpose.
Oct 29, 2011
I made the recipe as written. It was fast and very good.
Jun 1, 2010
was in a hurry and I used a store brand barbecue sauce and it turned out great. Will make again with the barbecue sauce that is in the recipe.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.