Microwave Veggie Pilaf
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 cup uncooked instant rice
- 1 cup water
- 1/3 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/3 cup finely chopped green pepper
- 1/3 cup shredded carrot
- 1/3 cup finely chopped celery
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon beef bouillon granules
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon ground coriander
- Dash pepper
- In an ungreased 1-1/2-qt. microwave-safe dish, combine all ingredients. Cover and microwave on high for 6-8 minutes or until rice is tender, stirring once. Let stand, covered, for 5 minutes; fluff with a fork before serving.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested in a 1,100-watt microwave.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 369 calories, 18g fat (11g saturated fat), 46mg cholesterol, 1338mg sodium, 47g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 3g fiber), 5g protein.
Jul 14, 2014
I didn't have any coriander so I omitted that and it still tasted delicious. I would make this again.
Oct 6, 2011
Loved the taste and texture of this dish! Left out the green pepper and coriander since I didn't have any on hand, and had to use a chicken boullion cube. It doesn't get much easier or quicker than this - will definitely make this again!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.