Microwave Tuna ‘n’ Chips
My kids like this so much, they could eat it every day. For a change of pace, use canned chicken and cream of chicken soup instead.—Geraldine Clarke, Tuskegee Institute, Alabama
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 can (12 ounces) tuna, drained and flaked
- 3/4 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1/3 cup chopped celery
- 1 tablespoon chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1-1/2 cups crushed potato chips, divided
- 1 tablespoon shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large bowl, combine soup and milk. Stir in the tuna, peas, celery, onion and Worcestershire sauce. Place half in a greased shallow 1-qt. microwave-safe dish. sprinkle with 1/2 cup chips. Top with remaining tuna mixture.
- Microwave, uncovered, on high for 3-4 minutes or until bubbly. Top with remaining chips; sprinkle with cheese. Microwave 45 seconds longer or until cheese is melted. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested with an 850-watt microwave.
This recipe was tested in a 1,100-watt microwave.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 409 calories, 16g fat (6g saturated fat), 43mg cholesterol, 1382mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 4g fiber), 36g protein.
Originally published as Microwave Tuna 'N' Chips in Casserole Cookbook
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.