Microwave Tuna Casserole Recipe
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise*
- 2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon dill weed
- 5 cups cooked egg noodles
- 2 cans (6 ounces each) tuna, drained and flaked
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/3 cup sliced green onions
- 1 small zucchini, sliced
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the first six ingredients; mix well. In a large bowl, combine noodles, tuna, celery and onions. Stir in the sour cream mixture. Spoon half into a greased 2-qt. microwave-safe dish; top with half of the zucchini. Repeat layers.
- 2. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 6-8 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle with cheese and tomato. Microwave, uncovered, 2 minutes longer. Let stand for 3 minutes before serving. Yield: 6 servings.
1 cup: 407 calories, 25g fat (9g saturated fat), 79mg cholesterol, 554mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 17g protein.
Reviews for Microwave Tuna Casserole
"wonderful recipe. I have used greek yogurt in place of mayo and fresh dill and basil for spices. Kids love it and it is one of our fav recipes"
"I have been making this recipe since I first found it a few years ago. It's easy to make and very tasty! Love the addition of the zuchini in the dish. I it most of the time as written. I have sometimes added more cheese, but that's a personal preferance of my family. THANKS for sharing the recipe...it is excellent!"