Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 20 min. + chilling
- 1/3 cup finely chopped pecans, toasted, divided
- 8 ounces semisweet chocolate
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- Place 24 small foil candy cups in miniature muffin cups or on a baking sheet. Spoon 1/2 teaspoon pecans into each; set cups and remaining pecans aside.
- In a 2-qt. microwave-safe bowl, combine chocolate and butter. Microwave at 50% power for 1 minute or until melted. Stir in cream and extract. Beat with an electric mixer until slightly thickened, scraping sides of bowl occasionally. Immediately pour into prepared cups. Top with remaining pecans. Refrigerate until set.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested in a 1,100-watt microwave.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 86 calories, 9g fat (4g saturated fat), 17mg cholesterol, 40mg sodium, 2g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.
Jan 19, 2015
good and easy!!
Dec 23, 2013
Smooth, creamy and delicious! My husband doesn't like that much almond extract. I like it either way.
Dec 13, 2010
These are amazing! I switched out peppermint extract for the almond and added crushed candycanes on top instead of nuts...my hubby loved them! I will make tons of these as holiday cookie plate fill-ins! A definite must have recipe...